Avista Partners LLP ("Avista Partners") will respect your personal information and undertake to comply with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation currently in force including the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act").
This policy (together with Avista Partners' conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data Avista Partners collects from you, or that you provide to Avista Partners, will be processed by Avista Partners. Please read the following carefully to understand Avista Partners' views and practices regarding your personal data and how Avista Partners will treat it.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Avista Partners LLP of Foresters Hall 25-27 Westow Street, Upper Norwood, London SE19 3RY.
Information Avista Partners may collect from you
Avista Partners may collect and process the following data about you:
• If you contact Avista Partners, Avista Partners may keep a record of that correspondence;
• Avista Partners may ask you to complete surveys that Avista Partners uses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and/or
• Details of your visits to the Avista Partners' website www.avistapartners.com (the "Site") including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Avista Partners' own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
Avista Partners may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Avista Partners' advertisers. This is statistical data about Avista Partners' users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Avista Partners may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help Avista Partners to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Avista Partners:
• to estimate Avista Partners' audience size and usage pattern;
• to store information about your preferences, and so allow Avista Partners to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
• to speed up your searches; and
to recognise you when you return to the Site.
Where Avista Partners stores your personal data
All information you provide to Avista Partners is stored on Avista Partners' secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Avista Partners will do its best to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Avista Partners has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
In relation to any personal information provided by you, you agree that Avista Partners may use such information in accordance with the purposes for which your permission has been obtained when providing such information.
Avista Partners may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Avista Partners or which Avista Partners feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To carry out Avista Partners' obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Avista Partners;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of Avista Partners' service, when you choose to do so; and/or
• To notify you about changes to Avista Partners' service.
Disclosure of your information
Other than as required by law, or as permitted under these user conditions, Avista Partners will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your permission.
Please note however that Avista Partners may disclose your personal information to any member of its group, which means its subsidiaries, its ultimate holding company and the ultimate holding company's subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
You have the right to ask Avista Partners not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Avista Partners will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Avista Partners uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Avista Partners at email@example.com
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Avista Partners' partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and that Avista Partners does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites. Please check any relevant policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Avista Partners' costs in providing you with details of the information Avista Partners holds about you.